Thursday, March 30, 2017

We're Baaaaaack!!! :) December 2016 Nutcracker

I feel so badly for how horrible I am at blogging. :( I have about 40 posts in the draft folder...some are finished and some are partway finished. I'm not really sure what to do. I think I am going to start with December of this past year because I can actually get to the photos from then on. Maybe some day I will back track. For now, I will just try to catch up from December until now and keep it current.
So...Here we go!!! :)

Nutcracker 2016

December started with the fun tradition of the girls performing in the Nutcracker Ballet. :) This year, marked our studio's 10 year Anniversary of their Nutcracker performance. Miss Patty always does such an amazing job and this year was just as beautiful as always, but even a little extra special. We always truly enjoy participating in this. This marks our 6th year at the studio. Here are some photos from the performance......

These pretty flowers were given to the girls from the studio. What a blessing. We got to enjoy them for quite some time.  <3 
 This beautiful back drop was new this year. Isn't it amazing? Here are some of the party guests arriving.
                        This is Karly's first year in the company at the studio. She was so happy to get to be in the party scene this year. She is in the orange dress hugging Clara. :)


                                      May I have this dance? :) They all looks so adorable. :)




 Since this was the 10 year anniversary of the studio's Nutcracker performance, Miss Patty had previous Clara's make an appearance to the party scene...Khloe is in the gold dress as Clara 2015.


Karly is the puppet in the back....Orange and yellow costume. She was so excited to get to be a puppet. =)
                                     
This is one of my favorite dances....The Dream Fairies!!! Khloe is the one on the right. She was mad at me for the photo on the top because I caught her as her leg was coming down. Photographing dancing is really not easy. :( Sorry, Khloe. (I still think she looks lovely). :)



 Here is my little Angel....Katie. She was very excited to be an Angel this year! She is on the left.


 Kyla and her friend, Ava were Guardian Princesses! Aren't they lovely? :)  Kyla is on the left. She was also in Arabian and snow. Khloe was also in snow with Kyla.

Here is the snow scene....It is one of my favorites! Sooo Beautiful! That is another new backdrop. I just love it. 

                                        Here's Kyla in the snow dance. She is in the middle.

Here is Khloe in the snow scene.
 At our studio, they have to be in Pre-Ballet to be in the Nutcracker. Kianna was so excited to finally be able to dance with her sisters in the Nutcracker this year! She was very happy to be a Gumdrop. She is in the blue. =) She loved every minute of it.

 One of the other new features this year was Mother Ginger! Don't you love the dress??? This is my sweet friend, Kelly. She is the tap teacher at the studio. She was the PERFECT person for this. She cracked everyone up with her great personality. There were about 12 little girls under that dress that came out and danced. At the rehearsal, after all the little girls were out dancing, Miss Kelly heard a little voice yell, "Help! I'm still in here!" LOL! She snuck out and joined the rest of them. I felt so bad for Kelly as she was recovering from a back injury and the dress was very heavy. She did a great job, though. =)


This is the Arabian Dance. Kyla is in the middle here. 
 This is Reed Flutes. Khloe is in the red below.

                                                               
                                                               The finale..........

                                       Karly was also a snowflake. She is in the middle here!

                                              Katie remembered to smile in the finale! :)

                                            Tessie looks so big. I think I will cry again! :(

              Khloe and Mya....Below, they are blowing dream fairy dust as they take their bow.


                          Kyla and Ava stepping out as they are announced. Love those crowns! =)


                                                                The whole cast!!!

 Miss Patty gets flowers! Isn't she just beautiful? We love her to pieces. You couldn't meet a sweeter, more loving person! She is a blessing to every person she meets. =)


 At the end of the show, they have the cast hand out candy canes to the kids. They really enjoy this.


  Time to head home. What a beautiful evening and such a wonderful show! We were blessed to have my mom and dad, Kaylee and Foster, Karissa, my cousin Shar and her husband, Robert, who are in the photo with all of us. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of my sweet friends Lisa and her 2 girls and Sunshine, who brought 4 of her girls with her. They came to an earlier show and I had to work backstage. I was sad that I wasn't able to get any photos of them.  Also...somehow, John escaped this picture. =(






No comments:

Post a Comment